1. The central region - Nuuk and Sisimiut
Most densely populated, and comprising the municipalities of Paamiut, Nuuk, Maniitsoq, Kangaatsiaq and Sisimiut, this region forms the financial hub of the country.
- The capital of Greenland, Nuuk is home Landstinget, the home rule administration and institutions of higher education. The headquarters of the country's banks and most of the major companies are present in Nuuk. Nuuk also forms the most important port in Greenland.
- Sisimiut, the second largest city of Greenland comprises a large number of commercial enterprises. The most important industry of Greenland, the fishing industry is located in Sisimiut. It has the Greenland's largest fish factory which is one of the most upgraded plants in the world.
Made up of the municipalities of Aasiaat, Qasigiannguit, Qeqertarsuaq and Ilulissat this region consists of a quarter of Greenland's population.
- The third largest town of Greenland, Ilulissat is the commercial center of the Northern Greenland. Fishing being the primary occupation, the town has several local fish factories. Many companies have also come up in this town due to its economic development.
Commercially underdeveloped, this area has the municipalities of Uummannaq, Upernavik, Qaanaaq, Ammassalik and Ittoqqortoormiit. 20% of Greenland populations who live in this area depend on marine mammals and fishing.
4. The Southern Region
Municipalities of Nanortalik, Qaqortoq and Narsaq lie in this region. Agriculture, fishing, sheep farming and gold mining form the major occupational activities of this region.
- The fourth largest town in Greenland, Qaqortoq is also the largest in the southern region. Acting as the financial center of this region, it contains a large fishing fleet and a fish factory.
|Other City Maps|
|Nuuk Map||Angmagssalik Map|
|Ilulissat Map||Jakobshavn Map|
|Kangerlussuaq Map||Narsaq Map|
|Narsarsuaq Map||Qaqortoq Map|
|Sermermiut Map||Thule Map|
Last Updated Date: August 03, 2016