- According to the Information about Gibraltar, the total area over which the country is stretched measures 6.5 square kilometers.
- The terrain of the country, as per the Gibraltar Facts narrow coastal lowland borders the Rock of Gibraltar which is of very narrow coastal lowland which is present at the bordering regions of the Rock of Gibraltar.
- The population of the land, as conveyed by the Information on Gibraltar, is approximately equal to twenty seven thousand nine hundred and sixty seven.
- The climatic conditions of the country as per the Gibraltar Information, remains that of the Mediterranean along with warm months of summer and mild winter months.
- The bordering countries of Gibraltar are that of Spain.
- A major chunk of the Gibraltar population observes the Roman Catholic religion (78.1%). Other people observe the Church of England (7%), other Christianity (3.2%), Islam (4%), Jewish (2.1%), Hinduism (1.8%). Those who observe none of the religions is that of (2.9%).
- Gibraltar Information also says that although there are no administrative divisions in the country, yet the land is distributed into seven Major Residential Areas. These residential areas are further divided into various Enumeration Areas that are basically used for the statistical purposes. These seven areas are listed below:
- East Side
- North District
- Reclamation Areas
- Sandpits Area
- South District
- Town Area
- Upper Town
Visa is not required by all those national who belong to the countries of the United States of America, Canada, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and Ireland. These citizens however definitely require a valid passport in order to enter the land of Gibraltar. All those people who belong to the nation of United Kingdom also do not require a visa in order to take entry into this European nation. These people however, definitely need a valid passport along with a National Identity Card, which has been issued by the authorities of Gibraltar.
The passport as well as the visa requirements however changes from time to time and this has to be confirmed from the Gibraltar Embassy or the Gibraltar Consulate. No vaccination certificate is required in order to enter the land of Gibraltar.
Gibraltar Embassies around the World
Gibraltar Embassy basically refers to a group of people, on a diplomatic mission to other countries, who belong to the country of Gibraltar. The major roles of the Gibraltar Embassy are listed as follows:
- To protect the interests of Gibraltar and the nationals belonging to it, in the receiving State
- To perform all functions while staying in the limits that are permitted by the international law
- To negotiate with the Government of the receiving State as directed by the government of Gibraltar
- To assert their presence in the receiving State with the help of the lawful means and to report to the Government of Gibraltar
- To promote friendly relationships between Gibraltar and the receiving State
- To develop the cultural, economic and scientific relations between the two countries.
- The Gibraltar Embassy which in the United States of America is located at :
1156 Fifteenth Street N.W.
Phone: +1-202-452 1108
Fax: +1-202-452 1109
- Gibraltar Government Embassy in Brussels of Belgium is located at:
Rond Point Schuman Center
Rond Point Schuman
6, Box 5
Tel: 0032 2 238 7854
Fax: 0032 2 238 7705
- Gibraltar Embassy in Madrid of Spain:
Edif. Torre de Madrid
Plta 10, Of.7
Plaza de Espana 18
Tel: +34 91 559 6259
Fax: +34 91 559 7470
- Gibraltar Embassy in Washington of the United States of America:
1156 Fifteenth Street NW
Tel: 001 202 452 1108
Fax: 001 202 452 1109
The GibTelecom operates a GSM 900 network where GPRS is available. Roaming agreements are also available with most of the operators, including the country of Spain. The Mobile telephone numbers in the country of Gibraltar are usually in the format 5xxxx000 and 5401xxxx.
Some of the important Gibraltar Emergency Numbers include the following:
- St Bernards Hospital - 79700
- King George V hospital - 72409
- Health Center hospital - 77003
- Royal Naval Hospital - 51254
- Births, Marriages and Deaths (Registries) - 72289
- Companies and trademarks - 78193
- Royal Gibraltar Police - 72500
- EMERGENCY ONLY - 199
- EMERGENCY ONLY (Mobiles) - 112
- Fire and Ambulance - 190
- Directory inquiries - 195
- Airport Inquiries - 73026
- Clamp towaway - 76999
- Financial Services commission - 40283
- Forces Exchange Operator- 53666
- Frontier hot line (queue info) - 42777
- Gibraltar Customs Department - 78879
- Gibraltar Veternary Clinic - 77334
- Government of Gibraltar - 70071
- Government Press Officer - 51088
- GBC Television and Radio - 79760
- Mortuary - 40342
- Museum - 74805
- Passport Office - 51725
- Post Office - 75624
- Taxi - 70027
- Telephone Company - 52200
- Tourist Office - 74950
- BT Chargecard calls - 8400