The official flag of the sovereign Finnish archipelago of Aland was adopted in 1954. Other than the national events, it is also hoisted during the sports events. The swallow-tailed version of the flag is used by yacht clubs in the islands. The flag was initially hoisted on April 3, 1954 in Mariehamn, the capital.
The flag has three colors: blue, yellow and red, all of which are borrowed from the Sweden and Finland country flags.
Location of the country:
: Hammarland, Lemland, Saltvik, Brando
5,219 square miles