Every New Year's Eve, cities across the world put on a dazzling show to celebrate and usher in the New Year. This New Year, celebrate with the most happening crowds at the biggest street parties across the globe. Read on to find out more about the top ten New Year party destinations that are host to the most memorable parties in the world.
- Tokyo - New Year in Tokyo is generally a family affair, where people from the city go back to their hometowns to usher in the year with their family. Traditionally, they watch TV all night and ring in the New Year. The happenings in town include a New Year's countdown at the popular Shibuya Square at midnight.
- Abu Dhabi - Leading tour companies organize desert safaris during New Year with a traditional bedouin camp, complete with belly dancing shows, barbecue buffet, and camel rides. They also provide quad bike rides in the desert for those who like to live life in the fast lane. Welcome the New Year under a star spangled desert sky in Abu Dhabi.
- Beirut - Beirut rings in the New Year with extravagant parties and overcrowded pubs. The sound of celebratory gunfire ring can be heard far and wide. The nucleus of all the New Year action is the Nejmeh Square, where six pedestrian streets converge, making it the ideal place to meet and greet everyone.
- Istanbul - Turkey has traditionally celebrated New Year as a quiet family affair. However, in recent times people have broken free of tradition and have taken to partying as a city on the streets. The most happening parts of the city are the Taksim Square and Bağdat Caddesi.
- Amsterdam - Amsterdam takes to the streets and bars which open at midnight to celebrate the New Year. The countdown to 2016 is going to happen at a big events organized at a large square on Museumplein. Other venues for New Year's Eve celebrations are Nieuwmarkt and Dam Square. The event comes alive with live DJs and music shows.
- Paris - Parisians like to celebrate the New Year with good wine and their loved ones. Opt for a quiet get together at Rue Oberkampf or in the artists’ quarter in Montmartre or go party at the hip and trendy Pigalle where the celebrations will go on till dawn. Don't miss the Eiffel Tower all lit up for the New Year.
- London - Ushers in the New Year with great aplomb. The city's South Bank is where Londoners hang out for the countdown. Offering a view of the spectacular fireworks display of the London Eye, this is the perfect place to sit back with a drink and cheer as you usher in the New Year.
- Barcelona – In the Spanish city of Barcelona, the custom is to wear red underwear for good luck and eat 12 grapes, one for each time the clock chimes twelve at midnight. When in Barcelona enjoy doing what the locals do while celebrating in the Placa Catalunya!
- Rio de Janeiro - The party capital of the world, Rio doesn't disappoint at New Year either. The Copacabana Beach is the place to be with its kiosks, open bars and millions of people wearing white for peace, yellow for prosperity and red for well, a whole lot of Rio fun!
- New York City - The most iconic party in the world happens at Times Square, New York City. The disco ball whose dropping is tracked by the entire city and is celebrated at midnight with concerts and live shows has become something of an American legend that attracts tourists worldwide.
Can be included
Dubai – Dubai is one of the most fabulous destinations to celebrate New Year. You can watch the fireworks at Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building. This amazing spectacle would definitely leave you stunned. You can also cruise around Palm Jumeirah and enjoy the sea and watch the night light up with fireworks or groove to the biggest New Year parties in some fabulous hotels or clubs.
Last Updated : December 31, 2015