Top Ten Busiest Airports in the US during Christmas Holiday Travel 2016
Christmas time is when people travel the most. Whether it is to visit loved ones in a different city or to go on a holiday with the family, people book tickets in advance so that they can make the most of their holidays.
- LAX – Los Angeles International airport, is the busiest airport in the US during Christmas, probably with flocks of people wanting to enjoy the comparatively warmer climate.
- Chicago – O’Hare International airport ranks second on the list of busiest airports during the holidays.
- Boston – The Boston Logan airport is extremely crowded at this time of the year, as travelers often experience a White Christmas with falling snow.
- San Francisco – The San Francisco International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the country even otherwise but during the holidays, the traffic reaches its peak. Again, the pleasant Californian weather probably leads to the increased number of travelers.
- LaGuardia, N.Y. – New York City is always busy. So, it’s hardly a surprise that Christmas time finds this airport on the busiest list. Celebrating Christmas and New Year in Rockefeller Center in New York is also a must-do for many tourists.
- Ronald Reagan Washington – The national airport of Washington is also one of the busiest during Christmas, as members of the government fly home for the holiday season to spend Christmas and New Year with their family and friends.
- Seattle-Tacoma Airport – The Sea-Tac airport in Seattle, makes its way to this list due to the high traffic it entertains during this season. An important hub in the US, Seattle welcomes travelers from across the US during the holiday season.
- Denver International Airport – The International airport of Denver, Colorado, is also extremely busy during holidays with large numbers of holiday travelers passing through.
- Newark International Airport – Newark, the largest city in New Jersey, is a major entry point to the US and its airport gets very busy and crowded on Christmas and New Year with both incoming and outgoing passengers on the US east coast.
- Saint Paul International Airport – This airport in Minneapolis ranks tenth rank on the list of busiest airports in the US during the holidays.
Last Updated : November 26, 2016