Jarva is governed by a governor. The government of Estonia appoints him. Ullar Vahtramae is the current governor of Jarva. Jarva County is divided into 11 rural municipalities and one urban municipality.
Paide and Turi are the only towns of Jarva. Kareda, which is an ancient village of Estonia, falls under the county of Jarva. There are a number of tourist spots in Jarva County that are mentioned below.
- Korvemaa Landscape Reserve: This reserve is the abode to various plants and birds of endemic species. Some of them are the eagle and black stork, wood grouse, golden eagle, etc.
- AH Tammsaare Museum: Open air performances take places during summer. This is originally the residence of Anton Hansen Tammsaare.
- Albu Manor: This is the oldest manor of Jarva. A gym is located inside the manor.
- White Horse Hill: This hill has got an observation tower.
Other places of interest include:
- The Janeda Manor
- Estonian Dairy Museum
- Vollingi Spring
- Estonian Broadcasting Museum
- Sopa Spring
- Jarva-Madise Church
- Vilbaste Springs
- Paide Bank Tower