Guayaquil is one of the most sought after tourist destinations among the Ecuador destinations. Although it is an important destination for business travelers, it has started opening its arms for the tourists too.
An impression of the old, picturesque colonial Guayaquilcan begotten from the old district of ' las penas' which is famous for its wooden houses.
Places to visit in Guayaquil
There are numerous ways of recreating yourself in the city of Guayaquil. Some of them are:
Taking a walk along the riverside that has been refurbished in the project Malecón 2000.
- Guayaquil is a hub of beautiful churches.Churches like the "La Merced" or "San Francisco" portray the rich architectural skill of the artisans in Guayaquil. There is also a beautiful cemetery called the "Cerro el Carmen" which is worth seeing.
- One can also visit the The Galapagos Islands which are world famous for its fauna like the sea lions, turtles, penguins, dolphins, reptiles, birds, etc.
- Other excursions can be made to the "Cerro Blanco Forest Reserve" with its impressive variety of birds. The "Manglares Churute Ecological Reserve" is another destination spot in Guayaquil where you can see dolphins, waterbirds and other animals and take a canoe trip into the mangroves
Museums in Guayaquil
- Anthorpoligical museum
- Casa de la Cultura
- Museo del Banco del Pacifico
- Museo Mnicipal
- Religious Art Museum Nahim Isaias Barquet
So, plan a smile on your wife's face by planning to visit Guayaquil.