service is provided by Djibouti Telecom SA. The name of the network of Djibouti telecom
is Evatis. 253 is the telephone code of Djibouti. The technology used by the Djibouti telecom service provider is GSM 900.
Djibouti telecommunications are in roaming agreement with many international cell phone companies. The network coverage is good in the city areas as well as in the outskirts. But it deteriorates as the subscriber moves out of the telecom circle. Telecom service is almost non-existent in the interiors of Djibouti.
Djibouti is telephonically connected through satellite to the countries of Europe and the West. Landlines connect Djibouti with these regions in both the town areas and in the interiors. As per the data of 1997, there were all together 203 mobile phones and 8,000 landline phone users in Djibouti.
Djibouti Telecom SA is in roaming agreement with the given network operators:
- ATM Mobilis, Algeria
- Base NV/SA, Mobistar SA, Belgium
- MTC Vodafone, Bahrain
- Orange Cameroun SA, Cameroon
- TDC Mobil A/S, Denmark
- Ethiopian Telecommunications Corporation, Ethiopia
- Orange France, France
- Magyar Telekom Plc, Hungary
- Vodafone Essar Mobile Services Limited, India
- Cellcom Israel Limited, Israel
- Mobile Telecommunications Company, Kuwait
- Netcom AS, Norway
- AT & T Mobility, United States