The Ministry also maintains a good connection with the municipal councils in order to look after the 1 year pre- school class. The Ministry of Education also oversees the higher educational structure and the technical colleges. The business colleges and agricultural colleges also come under its administration.
The Universities act which was passed in the year 1992 has made the education system of Denmark a cohesive and well organized. The various institutions regularly update their syllabus content according to the beneficial requirements of the students. The teachers are also provided with adequate training methods to guide the students in the right direction.
Denmark High School educational system is divided into three parts gymnasium,technical schools and business schools. The compulsory subjects for the students are Danish Language and Literature,history and foreign languages. The students have to attend high school based on the their essential qualifications and according to the availability of seats. The students have the choice of various optional subjects as well and the scope for embarking on an educational tour of Europe. Various kinds of cultural exploration trips are also organized to give the students a n experience of practical training.
Another interesting aspect of Denmark High school is the Danish Folk High School which started in the nineteenth century and is well distributed throughout the Danish countryside. The Danish Folk High School is home to the following aspects of education:
- A rural woman comes there with her young son to paint a model of pottery.
- The boy also engages in some activity by playing soccer and also does a little bit of wall painting.
- Some rectification programs are undertaken to prevent alcohol and drug habits.
There are various universities in Denmark offering an extensive range of education and students from across the world go to study there . Some of the universities of Denmark and their activities have been described below:
Aalborg University dates back to the year 1959 when it came into recognition under the leadership of Carl Willum Hansen, the principal of a state high secondary school in Aaalborg. But it was officially inaugurated in the year 1974 when a a number of universities merged with it and it became Aaalborg University Center. The various departments which function under the university are as follows:
- The Humanities Department.- Communication and Psychology, Education,Learning and Philosophy,History, International and Social Studies,Languages and Culture.
- Social Science Department- Business studies,Economics,Politics and Public Administration.
- Engineering ,Science and Medicine Departments -Architecture and Design, Biotechnology, Chemistry and Environmental Engineering,Civil Engineering,Computer Science, Copenhagen Institute of Technology.
University of Copenhagen
The University of Copenhagen has a collection of 37,000 students and over 7,000 employees .It is also the largest educational and research institute of Denmark. There are over 100 institutes and departments working under the banner of the university and some of them are given below:
- Faculty of Health Sciences.
- Faculty of Law.
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science.
- Faculty of Theology.
- Faculty of Pharmacology.
- Faculty of Eye Pathology.
- Faculty of Public health.