Among the famous cities of Denmark, Aalborg is one of them. It is the fourth largest city in Denmark. In the middle period it worked as an important harbor. But later on Aalborg turned into an industrial center. The prestige of Aalborg touched the peak when in 1516 Aalborg was granted the monopoly in salt herring.
As an industrial and commercial center in Denmark, Aalborg is still famous for exporting fish, cement, and grain. The city of Aalborg is a center of Telecommunication in Denmark. The head quarter of the world largest manufacturer of Marine Boilers is located in Aalborg. Aalborg is also the location of Aalborg Airbase a branch of Danish Air force.
The University of Aalborg is one of the leading universities in Denmark. This University has taken an inter-disciplinary, problem oriented approach and for this it has now turned into a leading University in the World.
In a visit to Aalborg the main places to see are as follows:
- The old castle in Aalborg known as Aalborghus Slot.
- The remains of the 17 th century houses.
- The 5 story building of 1624 known as the Jens Bang's House. This house depicts the renaissance culture.
- Budolfi Church and Vor Frue Kirke (Church of Our Lady) are the 2 most beautiful churches of 14 th century in Aalborg.
- Aalborgtarnet is the great tower from where the entire Aalborg can be seen.
Carnival of Aalborg is very famous. It takes place in the weekend of every 21. The carnival mainly consists of 3 events;
- Children's carnival
- Battle of carnival bands
- The carnival itself
|More Cities in Denmark|