Coro is one of the most enchanting cities in Venezuela. It is one of the coastal cities of Venezuela that boasts about its rich culture and heritage. The population of Coro is primarily urban in nature. Coro, one of the first urban regions of Venezuela was established by the Spanish colonizers. The total urban population of Coro is 192,558 . A large number of Jewish migrants dwell in the city of Coro.
Tourist Attractions in Coro City The tourist spots in Coro are as follows:
- The cathedral situated in Plaza Bolivar was built in the 16th century. Don Rodrigo de Bastidas was appointed as the first bishop of this cathedral. The cathedral is famous for its exquisite decoration and grand structure.
- House of the Iron Windows is a historical mansion that was constructed in the 18th century. Situated in Zamora street, it is characterized by wooden windows, plaster porches made in baroque style.
- Medanos, a national park in the city of Coro is another must-see place.
- Vela de Coro is a port that has a rich historical background.
- The Diocesan museum in Coro is one of the most frequently visited museums in Coro. It is the store- house of precious ornaments, canvases and furnitures. The other local museums are Balcon de los Arcaya and Modern Art Museum.