is the capital city of the province of Uruguay which bears the name. Founded in the year of 1755, Maldonado
at Uruguay was constructed under the supervision of Joaquin de Viana, the Governor of Montevideo.
Originally, the name of the city of Maldonado, which later got changed to San Fernando de Maldonado.
Some of the famous tourist attractions at Maldonado of Uruguay include the following:
- San Fernando de Maldonado Cathedral, which is a neoclassic cathedral that was constructed between the years of 1801 and 1895
- Cuartel de Dragones or The Dragoons' Barracks, which is a Spanish garrison that was built between 1771 and 1797
- Torre del Vigia, which means the "tower of vigilance" or the "watchtower" that was constructed in the year 1800. The Torre del Vigia was built under the supervision of Rafael Perez del Puerto. The Torre del Vigia used to inform the authorities about the entrance or the approach of any kind of ship towards the Río de la Plata
- El Puente de la Barra which is a stressed ribbon bridge. Here the roadbed swoops up and down and back that helps demonstrate a rather exceptional economy of material.
Maldonado in Uruguay is well accessible from the nearby cities of Piriapolis, Pan de Azucar, San Carlos, Barra de Maldonado and Punta del Este. The nearest airports of Capitan Corbeta C A and Curbelo International also offer regular flight services to and from various parts of the world.