Cities of Sri Lanka
There are 9 provinces in Sri Lanka. However, there are certain cities that occupy pride of place in this beautiful south Asian nation:
- Colombo : Besides being the biggest city in Sri Lanka it is also the commercial capital of the country.
- Galle : It is a town right on the southwestern edges of Sri Lanka. It is a city replete with history and historical and religious monuments.
- Anuradhapura :This city used to be the national capital in ancient times. This city also has the ruins of the Sri Lankan civilization of the yore
- Polannaruwa : It comes second with respect to ancient kingdoms in Sri Lanka. It was the first capital of King Vijayabahu I.
- Kurunegala : This city counts among the transportation hubs of Sri Lanka. It is well connected to the other parts of the country.
- Ratnapura :This city is the mining hub of Sri Lanka where rubies and sapphires among other types of gems are found aplenty.