refer to the statistical analysis of the Lisbon population, with respect to mortality and fertility rates as well as the structure, size, migration and distribution of population.
Lisbon demographic data are essential for the overall study of the people of Lisbon and their varied conditions.
Demographical Details of Lisbon in 2007
Following are some facts about the latest Lisbon demographic status in 2007:
- The total population of Lisbon in 2007 July was 10,642,836.
- 757,220 were the total number of males in Lisbon in 2007.
- The total female count in Lisbon in the year 2007 was 1,080,699.
- The rate at which the Lisbon population increased in 2007 was 0.334%.
- The net rate of immigration in Lisbon, as per the 2007 data, was 3.31 immigrants per 1,000 people.
Demographical status of Lisbon Population in 2000
The census of 2000 offers some insight into the demography of Lisbon and its existing trends. According to the National Institute of Statistics (Instituto Nacional de Estatística) report, the total population of the main city area of Lisbon was 564,477, and that of the metropolitan region was 2,800,000. On the basis of the total population of Lisbon, the city's density of population was calculated as high as 6,658 people inhabiting per square kilometer (17,244/sq mi) land area.
Lisbon Demographic Details in the 1990s
During the 1990s, the population of Lisbon had increased by about 31% than the existing rate. In this period, the total male-female percentage was equal.