is one of the important centers for trade in Iran. Tabriz, the capital of the Azerbaijan province is situated in the North West side of Iran. Tabriz normally has cold winters and mild summers. Its estimated population is about 1.5 million. Tabriz became the capital of Iikhanate Empire after the Mongol Invasion from1270 to 1305.
Many historical monuments in Tabriz have been wiped away by violent earthquakes. During the early 20th century, Iran's constitutionalist centered in Tabriz.
Tabriz is famous for different historical monuments some of these include:
- Saat Tower or Tabriz City Hall
- Khaneh-i Mashrutiyat
- House of Bolourchian
- Ark e Tabriz
- Grand Bazaar of Tabriz
- Blue Mosque or Goy Masjid
- Shah Gholi or Pool of the King
- Khaghani Park
- Saheb ol Amr
Tabriz has many museums. These include:
- Shahryar Literature Museum located in Maqsoudieh Quarter
- Measurement Museum
- Tabriz Constitution House
- Museum of Qajar located in Sheshgelam Quarter
- Museum of Ostad Bohtouni situated in Laklar Quarter
The hotels in Tabriz are as follows:
- Gostaresh Hotel
- Morvarid Hotel
- Darya Hotel,22 Bahman Ave, Tabriz, Iran
- Tabriz Hotel, Abressan Crossroad, Tabriz, Iran
- Tabriz El Goli Pars Hotel, EL Goli Str, Tabriz, Iran
- Iran Hotel, Tabriz,22,Bahman Avenue, Iran
Other major tourist attractions include:
- Kandowan, a historic village
- Jame Mosque, a religious site
- Maqbaratol Shoara or Poets Tomb
Travel to Tabriz by night trains which are available from Tehran to Tabriz, many domestic flights are also available, besides Tabriz can be reached through car also.
Visit this historical place of Iran and witness its historical essence.