Mashad or 'The Place of martyrdom'
is well known for the pilgrimage shrine of Imam Reza, who was martyred in Mashad. Mashad is the capital of the Khorasan Province located in the northeast of Iran.
Mashad is Iran's holiest and second largest city. Every year millions of people from all over the world gather here to pay homage to the spiritual leader, Imam. There are plenty of unique and priceless objects and manuscripts in the shrine's library. Mashad usually experiences varied climactic conditions like it has mild summers, cold winters and pleasant springs. The city has an estimated population of 2,000,000.
In Mashad the places of tourist attractions includes:
- Holy Shrine of Imam Reza, its artistic and historical complex including the porches, courtyards and portico
- The Goharshad Mosque which was built during the Trimurti Period, its library and museum is worth seeing
- Tomb of Nadir Shah, a cemetery
- Kooh Sagi Pool
- Ferdowsi Park
- Gombade Sabz Mausoleum
- Khwajeh Rabih Mausoleum
The hotels in Mashad include:
- Hotel Iran Mashad, Andarzgoo Ave, Mashad, Iran
- Paradisan Hotel, Kalantari Exp, Next to Sede Sima Park,Mashad 9177948541, Iran
- Homa Hotel, Ahmad Abad Street, Taleghani Square, Po-91357-1568, Marshad, Iran
- Other hotels include, Alqadir Hotel, Karimkhan Hotel, Asia Hotel
These hotels ranks the best among the eight best hotels in Mashad. For travel and tour packages contact Iran Traveling Center at irantravelingcenter.com
Visit Mashad and enjoy the beautiful sights of the holiest city of Iran.