Map of Chennai Education
|List of Educations in Chennai|
|Akshayah Matriculation |
Higher Secondary School
|Sindhi Model Senior Seccondary School||Alpha Matriculation |
Higher Secondary School
|American International School||Auxilium Girls High School||Bala Vidya Mandir Senior Secondary School|
|Bala Vidyalaya||Chettinad Vidyashram||Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology|
|AJ College of Engineering||Anand Institute of Higher Technolgy||DMI College of Engineering|
|Dhanalakshmi College of Engineering||Easwari Engineering College||AMET University|
|AMET University||Bharath University||Indian Institute of Technology Madras|
|Sathyabama University||Tamil Nadu Open University|
Chennai Education includes schools, colleges and universities all of which offer educational services at par with the national and international standards. Both private and government schools and colleges operate in the Chennai city.
Schools of Chennai
The Government of Tamil Nadu runs a number of schools in Chennai. All the schools run by the State Government use both Tamil and English as the medium of instruction.
The private schools of Chennai city instruct the pupils through English language. The minimum age to get admission in the Chennai schools is three years.
Colleges of Chennai
The Chennai colleges are affiliated to the prestigious universities of the state of Tamil Nadu. From engineering and technology to arts and science, the colleges of Chennai city provide a varied range of courses to the interested students. Both undergraduate and postgraduate courses and Ph.D programs are offered by these colleges.
The Chennai Universities
The Anna University and Madras University of Chennai affiliates most of the colleges of the city. There are several other universities in Chennai city that are known for their high quality of education. Among others, The Tami Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Tamil Nadu Open University and Tamil Nadu Dr. M G R Medical University are worth mentioning.
Chennai Schools are spread across the length and breadth of the city. While some schools of Chennai are administered by the Government of Tamil Nadu, some others are run by the private bodies.
CBSE, ICSC, state board, matriculation and play schools are there in the Chennai city. Most of the government Schools offer education to the students in Tamil and English language. Whereas, all the private schools of Chennai use English as a medium of instruction. The standard age of children admitted to the schools is three years and a student is required to complete 12 years of school education in Chennai.
CBSE Schools in Chennai
The CBSE Schools in Chennai offer best of the education to the students. Some of the well known CBSE schools of the city are mentioned below:
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Central School
- DAV Senior Secondary School
- National Public School
- Jawahar Vidyalaya Senior Secondary School
- Unity Public School
- Vishvabarathi Matric School
- Devi Academy Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- Jaya Jaya Sankara International School
- Jaigopal Garodia Vivekananda Vidyalaya
- The Hindu Senior Secondary School
- Vidya Mandir Senior Secondary School
Following the curriculum of the Central Board of Seondary Education, all the above mentioned schools use English as the medium of instruction.
Other Schools of Chennai
Apart from CBSE schools Chennai city also houses a number of ICSC and state board affiliated educational institutions. Some of these schools are:
- Good Shepherd Convent Matriculation School
- Asan Memorial School
- Don Bosco Matriculation School
- SBOA Higher Secondary School
- Padma Sheshadree Bala Bhavan School
- Madras Christian College Higher Secondary School
There are a number of Chennai Colleges that offer best of the higher education services to the aspiring students. The universities of Chennai affiliate most of the colleges.
- Arts & Science
The private colleges of Chennai city have their own admission criteria and course curriculum.
Engineering Colleges of Chennai
Chennai is home to many esteemed engineering colleges. Some of these are:
- Crescent Engineering College
- Indian Institute of Technology
- Bharath Engineering College
- Dr.MGR Engineering College
Management Colleges of Chennai
The management colleges of Chennai impart both BBA and MBA courses. An admission test is conducted by these management colleges on the basis of which candidates are admitted. Some of the management colleges of Chennai are:
- VGP. School of Management
- New College Institute of management
- St.Mary's School of management Studies
- Sri Sairam Engineering college
- Sriram Institute of Management studies
- Velammal College of Management and computer Science
- Medical Colleges of Chennai
The medical colleges of Chennai city are known to offer the most advanced level of medical education to the students. Among the several medical colleges of Chennai some are listed below:
- Madras Medical college
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute
- Stanley Medical College
- Government Unani Medical college
- Government Siddha Medical college
- Tamil Nadu Dental College & hospital
- Chennai Veterinary college
Chennai universities are committed to impart quality education to the people of Chennai. Education on various courses is imparted to the youth in order to build their future. The universities in Chennai comprise of central universities, open universities and deemed universities. Some of the universities also provide distance learning courses.
Universities in Chennai
Some of the universities in Chennai are:
- Madras University : The University is one among the oldest universities in India. The university was established in the year 1857 and stands in Chennai, the capital of Tamil Nadu. The Madras University was built according to the University of London. Several colleges are affiliated under the Madras University. The university is awarded the 5 star grade by NAAC, which is the highest grade awarded by NAAC.
- Anna University : Anna University is a unitary type of university. The university was founded n the year 1978, 4th September. The university has a good number of engineering colleges affiliated under it. The university offers courses in the field of allied sciences, engineering and technology. The university also offers research facilities to the students in their respective fields.
- Tamil Nadu Open University : The Tamil Nadu Open University was founded in order to impart education to the people who have discontinued studies for various reasons, working people and also to people who are physically challenged. Courses in various disciplines are offered by this university.