Cuenca is one of the most popular Ecuador destinations. The towering cathedrals and buildings in the city display a flamboyancy which adds to the pride of the people of Cuenca.
In addition to being the cultural center of Ecuador, Cuenca is the capital of the province of Azuay.This is the third largest city in the nation, and the economic center of the southern Sierra. These distinctions, along with the city's incredibly preserved history and culture earned Cuenca the honor of being branded as a UNESCO World Heritage Trust site.
Museums in Cuenca
There are many museums that glorify the history and the culture of Cuenca with a generous display of art and artifacts of Cuenca. Some of them are:
- Museo Banco Central
- Museo de Las Culturas Aborigenes
- Museo Artes Populares (Cidap)
- Museo Remigio Crespo Toral
- Museo de Arte Moderno
- Museo Agustín Landivar (Ruinas de Todos Santos)
- Casa de La Cultura Benjamin Carrión
- Museo de Las Conceptas
- Las Conceptas Museum is known for its religious art collection
- Museo Arqueológico Universidad Estatal de Cuenca
- Museo Colegio Benigno Malo
- Museo de La Medicina
Getting tired would not be easy in Cuenca, specially when there are luxurious hotels like the Cofradia del Monje Inn and the Hotal Crespo to take care of you.
Cuenca is the city of your dreams. The Rose Marble cathedral being the symbol of the city seems appropriate because of the holistic feeling it invokes in one's mind and soul.