Ambato, is a nice town to stroll around. This Ecuador destination surrounded by gorgeous mountain ranges which are all accessible for hiking and walking.
Miraflores and Atocha are the best known suburbs here, which could be reached by bus or taxi. Ambato, apart from its excellent bread and cakes, is known as the "City of Flowers and fruits".It is appropriate to call it so because of its plush green gardens and parks which are found in every nook and corner of the city. The city is also famous among the litteratures of the world and has been named as "The land of the Three Juans", after Juan Montalvo, Juan Benigno Malo and Juan León Mera. Even these litteratures have been immortalized by the park monuments and museums in Ambato.
PLACES TO VISIT IN Ambato
- The statue of the famous writer Juan Montalvo which is located in Parque Montalvo .
- Quinta de Juan Leon Mera, an old mansion with beautiful gardens in the Atocha suburb on Ave.
- Museo de Ciencias Naturales Héctor Vásquez at Colegio Nacional Bolivar
- Llanganates National Park..
- Another interesting place close to Ambato is the village of Quizapincha, which is well known for its fine inexpensive leatherwork.
- Apart from these, Ambato is close to village called Picaihua which is famous for its handicraft with cabuya fiber.
- The village of Pinllo is also famous for local leather work.
FESTIVALS IN Ambato
- One can either participate or see the town's Annual Bull runs and Bullfights.
- The carnivals held on July 15, during the celebrations of Fiesta del Apostolo Santiago,are as colorful as the bull fights .
Accomodations in Ambato
Some of the best accommodations in Ambato are:
- Hostal Señorial.
- Piramide Inn.
Ambato is a place for both the young and the old. When the elderly find peace in the serene surroundings of Ambato, the younger ones can enjoy in the discotheques. In other words, Ambato is a complete family holiday package.