The theaters in Santiago
are mostly located in the Bellavista area. A theater festival, namely Santiago a Mil, is held every year in the city.
This takes place throughout the month of January. Numerous theaters are staged in the festival. Ardent theater lovers from various corners of the world visit Santiago during this time of the year.
Some of the well-known theaters of Santiago are as follows:
- Teatro San Gines: Located in Bellavista, Santiago
- Teatro la Comedia: Located in Santiago Centro, Santiago
- El Conventillo: Located in Bellavista, Santiago
- Teatro Lo Castillo: Located in Vitacura, Santiago
- Teatro Bellavista: Located in Bellavista, Santiago
The Teatro Apoquindo is one of the theaters in Santiago, which is situated at the center of the Calle Apoquindo. Many Chilean theaters are staged here.
The Chilean comedian named Coco Le Grand stages many of his plays at the theater known as the Teatro Circus Ok, located in Avenida Providencia. This theater attracts huge crowd. It is difficult to get tickets, so prior booking is safe.
The Teatro La Comedia is known to be the home of the Ictus Theater Company. Most of their plays concentrate on contemporary issues and problems. There are two auditoriums in the theater and both are used for staging various plays.