Pastel de Choclo is one of the popular dishes of Santiago. The dish is made with beef and chicken pie and is topped with mixture of sweet corn. After this the ingredients are baked in a clay pot. Other popular dishes of Santiago are stew of chicken or beef along with corn, squash, basil and cazuela and Porotos where semi-ripe beans are cooked with green beans. Pudding prepared by using grated fresh corn and basil also features as the favorite dish of the people of Santiago.
The Chilean wines are also quite popular and are available at affordable rates. Some of the popular local wines of Santiago are Albarino and Riberio. Easter Island tuna is a local cuisine of Santiago which tastes best when taken along with red wine. Some of the other cuisines of Santiago are:
- Empanadas which includes two dishes, namely Empanada de queso and Empanada de pino
- Machas or pink clams which is a sea fruits available at Chile
- Ice creams or deserts made by using Lucuma
- Salads made with Palta or avocado
- Pebre which is a spicy Chilean dish
- Pie de Limon or lemon pie