Two mountain ranges and two valleys are important features of Bulgarian topography. The Maritsa and the Danube are Bulgaria's rivers. Sofia is the capital of Bulgaria. Ancient Thrace was part of modern Bulgaria.
Top Cities of Bulgaria
The top cities of bulgaria are:
- Sofia: It is the capital of Bulgaria. It is one of the oldest cities of Europe. It is a commercial and cultural hub. It is a popular outsourcing destination and has several financial offices.
- Plovdiv: Plovdiv is the second largest Bulgarian city. With hundreds of archaeological sites, it is an important historical place. Agriculture and manufacturing are its main economic activities.
- Varna: Varna is regarded as the 'Summer capital' of Bulgaria. It is a seaport and popular tourist hub.
- Burgas: Burgas is a famous sea-side tourism city. Its oil-refinery is among the largest in Europe.
- Rousse: Rousse is a famous culture bastion. It has an important river port.