Cities of Belarus
Belarus witnessed rapid growth under Russian influence. There are hundreds of urban pockets in Belarus under five administrative centers. Some of the top cities are:
- Minsk: Minsk is the capital of Belarus and a capital of Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). It is an industrial city with hundreds of plants. Automobile industry and electronics plants are some of the main industries of Minsk.
- Brest: Brest is major tourist destination. It boasts of a grand World War II Memorial. Famous Belavezhskaya Pushcha National Park is situated near it.
- Grodno (Hrodna): Grodno is is symbol of cross-cultural heritage with the amalgamation of Polish, Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox population.
- Gomel (Homiel): Gomel is an important educational center with six universities. Many foreign student come here to study.
- Mahilyow: Mahilyow is the third lard largest city of Belarus. It is an important river-port. Steel, car, crane manufacturing units some of the city's major industries.