Brazil Beaches Map
This colorful map of beaches in Brazil shows the location of some of the most popular Brazilian beaches along the Atlantic coast. From Fortaleza in north Brazil to Florianopolis in southern part of the country, this map covers all the famed beaches that a traveler can look forward to visit.
- Alter do Chao, Pará: Located in north Brazil, at the heart of the Amazon rainforest, this is one of the best river beaches in the world.
- Fernando de Noronha: This famous archipelago is located 217 miles (350km) off the north-east coast of Brazil. The volcanic islands hold lot of surprises.
- Praia do Toque, Alagoas: Located close to the city of Recife, this 15-km-long beach has an undying charm.
- Taipus de Fora, Bahia: Close to the city of Salvador, Taipus de Fora on the Maraú Peninsula is known for snorkeling opportunity and high-end restaurants and bars that have emerged.
- Caraiva, Bahia: One of the remotest Brazilian beaches in the state of Bahia, Caraiva is ideal for relaxing, listening to the sound of waves, and taking a walk on the sand.
Top 5 Rio De Janeiro Beaches
Copacabana Beach: Considered first in a string of sexy beaches in Rio de Janeiro facing the Atlantic Ocean, Copacabana Beach is 2-mile-long beach and looks beautiful with towering mountains and iconic hotels as the backdrop.
Ipanema Beach: This white sand beach in an affluent neighborhood attracts travelers by virtue of its oversized waves and clean water.
Arpoador Beach: Considered an extension of the Ipanema Beach, Arpoador is known for the famous Dois Irmãos mountain and the opportunity for a late night dip as it is one of the few beaches that is lit up at night.
Praia Vermelha: As one of the most dramatic beaches in Rio, Praia Vermelha has its angle towards the open sea. It has sand with texture of brown sugar and taking a walk along the beach is simply a relaxing experience.
Leme: This is a beach shaded by jungle-clad hills and attracts hundreds and thousands of tourists from all over the world. It offers ample number of opportunities for refreshments at the beach kiosks lining the waterfront.
Last Updated Date: June 28, 2016