African Safari Botswana is one of the most striking features in the region. There are various wild life reserves, where safari tours are being conducted for the tourists to enjoy the wildlife. Botswana vacations can be really exciting for both the first-time-visitors and the Safari enthusiasts.
In a Botswana tour, the safaris to Okavango Delta, Chobe National Park, trip to Kalahari should always be in the itinerary of the traveler.The capital of the country is Gaborone and the travelers can avail the good restaurants, shopping destinations, hotels in the capital city. The travelers can avail the licensed taxis to explore the capital city.
Traveling to Botswana has been made convenient by the frequent services of the Botswana airlines. The major international airport at Gaborone is the Gaborone International Airport. The airport is also known as Sir Seretse Khama International Airport. Botswana holidays can be a real fun and thrill for the travelers.
Desert is the dominant feature of the topography of Botswana. Kalahari desert is situated in its western part. Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and South Africa are its neighbouring countries. Botswana is one of the economically developed countries of Africa. Its diamond industry is world famous. Tourism, and manufacturing industries are other two major revenue earners.
Cities of Botswana
Botswana is one of the advanced nations of Africa. Its top cities include:
- Gaborone:Gaborone is the capital of Botswana. It is the home of several reputed organizations like Air Botswana, Consumer Watchdog, Botswana Telecommunications Corporation, Debswana and the Southern African Development Community (SADC). This city is a famous diamond hub and boasts of several other industries.
- Francistown: It is an important agriculture, mining and industrial town. Cobalt and Nickel are two of its resources. It has a metal refinery unit.
- Lobatse: Lobaste is situated in the hilly areas. Pipe and meat industries are its most famous economical activities.
- Orapa: Orapa is the diamond capital of Botswana with one of the largest diamond mines of the world.
- Zenica: Zenica is an important industrial town. Steel. Leather, textile and furniture are some of its important industries.
Culture and Heritage
Rich ethnic traditions have colored Botswan culture and heritage. Hand made baskets made of Mokola Palm wood, Thamaga pottery and Oodi weaving are some attractive heritages of the country. Woodcarving consists of producing traditional items as well as animal figures and jewelery.
Beads, ceramics, stones and malachite jewelery is quite famous in Botswana. Tourism attractions has revived Bushmen heritage and crafts like hunting sets, fire-making sticks, leather items and musical instruments. Modern musical genres like Jazz and Hip hop have found popularity along with Tswana folk music in Botswana. Sir Seretse Khama Day, The Maun Carnival, Botswana Day Celebrations are some of the popular celebrations of Botswana. The amalgamation of traditional music and church singing has given Botswan music a unique look.
Tourism is one of the main industries of Botswana. Rich flora and fauna form the epicenter of the country's tourism. The park safaris are major attractions. Some of the popular tourism destinations are: Central Kalahari Game Reserve, Chobe National Park and Kgalagadi Trans frontier Park.