local time in Australia
Perth and Brisbane are different from each other Australian Capital Territory and the Northern Territory followed the standard time zones of their parent states New South Wales and South Australia, respectively. Later they were classified into 3 time zones so we can see that there is difference in Australia time :
- Eastern (UTC+10) or Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
- Central (UTC+9:30) or Australian Central Standard Time (ACST) / Australian Central Western Standard Time (ACWST)
- Western (UTC+8) or Australian Western Standard Time (AWST)
** Australian Central Western Standard Time (ACWST) follows halfway between Western and Central time -UTC+8:45.
Australia Time zonehad some abnormalities like:
Broken Hill town of Yancowinna County, situated in far-western New South Wales, follows South Australian time.
Town of Madura, Mundrabilla, Eucla and Border Village, on the Eyre Highway of the south-eastern corner of Western Australia, bordering South Australia follow the Central Western Standard Time.
Australia' external territories follow the time zone of Territory Standard or Day Saving Time. These territories consist of:
There are three
time Zones in Australia
- Central Standard Time(CST) in South and North Australia
Western Standard Time(WST) in Western Australia
Eastern Standard Time(EST) in New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria, Tasmania and Queensland.
- Heard and McDonald Islands
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- Norfolk Island
- Christmas Island
- Lord Howe Island
- Macquarie Island
- Australian Antarctic Territory – Mawson, Davis and Casey.
From Spring 2006 to Autumn 2009, South Australia, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Victoria and Tasmania will observe the daylight saving time. This means, the three time zones will be converted into 5 times zones for half of each year.
More About Australia